Celebrating Craft Brewing in the Finger Lakes.
2015 Winter Passport
Valid February 20 – March 31, 2015
Perfect for craft beer enthusiasts and tourists alike looking for a day trip or weekend getaway, the Finger Lakes Beer Trail 2015 Winter Passport is your ticket to savings during the off-season. Priced at only $15.00 plus tax, the Winter Passport includes more than $185 worth of complimentary beer tastings, discounts on growler fills, free merchandise, and much more at 35 breweries, brewpubs and other locations along the Finger Lakes Beer Trail.
Be sure to check out our special gift package offer below which includes two Passports and a copy of our new book What's Brewing in the Finger Lakes: Your Guide to the Region's Craft Breweries and Brew Pubs.
- How it works
- Special gift package offer
- Frequently asked questions
- Participating locations
- Planning your excursion
Present the passport at each of the participating locations and get your Passport stamped in exchange for that location’s stated discount or special offer.
Visit as many of the breweries and brew pubs as you can during the validity period. The more you visit, the greater your return on investment!
Only one discount per location is allowed per Passport. If you’re traveling with a group, each group member needs their own Passport to receive a discount.
Please note, the Winter Passport program is not intended for large groups. Therefore, if you are traveling in groups of 8 or more, please check with individual locations to ensure validity and make reservations if necessary.
Once you’re finished, complete the entry form provided in your Passport and mail it in for a chance to win some great prizes. See below for a listing of prizes.
Get two Passports plus a copy of our new book What's Brewing in the Finger Lakes: Your Guide to the Region's Craft Breweries and Brew Pubs for $50.00 plus tax.
What's Brewing in the Finger Lakes: Your Guide to the Region's Craft Breweries and Brew Pubs is packed with information about the region's 75-plus craft breweries, interesting nuggets of knowledge, and local food recipes that incorporate beer as an ingredient.
To purchase, click on the special package purchase button below:
Does the Passort entitle me to a free tasting at each location? No, not every participating location can offer outright free tastings. The beverage laws for breweries and brew pubs New York State are different than the winery laws. Establishments licensed as a brew pub (restaurant with an on-site brewing system) cannot offer cannot offer sample “tastings” and are generally prohibited from giving away free alcohol. Therefore, at these type of establishments, you will often be required to to purchase something in order to get something of equal or lesser value. Also, establishments licensed as Farm Breweries have different governing regulations than do non-Farm Brewery establishments, resulting in different types of promotions and discounts that can legally be offered.
Are the Passports print-on-demand? No, the Passports cannot be printed on demand. Your Passport(s) will be mailed to you via first class mail.
How long will it take for me to receive my Passport(s) once purchased? Your Passports will be mailed to the address you provided in Paypal within 7-10 days of your purchase. Please be sure to allow enough time for gift purchases.
When is the last day I can purchase Passports(s) to receive them in time for Christmas? December 19th is the last day to purchase Passport(s) for receipt by December 25th.
Can I buy Passports in person anywhere? In-person purchase locations will be announced in January 2015. Until that time, only online purchases can be made.
Do the Passport(s) have my name on them? Can I give them as a gift? The Passport(s) will not come with your name on them. They are completely transferrable to other individuals, thus making great gifts!
Can you tell me what locations are featured in the Passport? Sure, the list is right below for your convenience.
- Abandon Brewing Company, Penn Yan
- AJ’s Beer Warehouse, Rochester
- Bacchus Brewing Company, Dryden
- Bandwagon Brew Pub, Ithaca
- Birdland Brewing Company, Horseheads
- Brews & Brats at Arbor Hill, Naples
- CB Craft Brewers, Honeoye Falls
- Climbing Bines Craft Ale Co., Penn Yan
- Cortland Beer Company, Cortland
- Crafty Ales & Lagers, Phelps
- The FarmHouse Brewery, Owego
- Finger Lakes Beer Company, Hammondsport
- Finger Lakes Distilling, Burdett
- Galaxy Brewing Company, Binghamton
- Genesee Brew House, Rochester
- Glass Factory Brew House, Geneva
- The Good Shepherds Brewing Co., Auburn
- Hopshire Farm & Brewery, Freeville
- Horseheads Brewing, Horseheads
- Ithaca Coffee Company Tavern, Ithaca
- The Lost Borough Brewing Co., Rochester
- Market Street Brewing Company, Corning
- The North Brewery, Endicott
- Prison City Pub & Brewery, Auburn
- Railhead Brewing Company, Hornell
- Roc Brewing Co., Rochester
- Rogues Harbor Inn, Restaurant, and Brewing, Lansing
- Rooster Fish Brewing at Crooked Rooster Brewpub, Watkins Glen
- Starkey’s Lookout / G.C. Starkey Beer Company, Dundee
- Steuben Brewing Company, Hammondsport
- Twisted Rail Brewing Company, Canandaigua
- The Victor Brewery, Victor
- War Horse Brewing Co., Geneva
- Water Side Wine Bar and Brewery Tasting Room, Phelps
- Water Street Brewing Co., Binghamton
Once you're finished using your Passport, complete the entry form in your Passport and mail it in for a chance to win some great prizes. Prizes are as follows:
One lucky entrant will win a six-hour beer tour for two in a luxury sedan provided by Quality Wine & Beer Tours. Valued at over $400, this fun-filled tour includes stops at nine breweries located around scenic Seneca Lake!
One lucky entrant will win a handcrafted cedar growler tote to safely transport four filled growlers from brewery to home.
10 runner-up winners will receive a free copy of What's Brewing in the Finger Lakes: Your Guide to the Region's Craft Breweries and Brew Pubs.
Plus, everyone who visits 20 or more locations gets a free Finger Lakes Beer Trail bumper sticker!
Contest Deadline: April 15, 2015. Winners will be announced in late April.
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Number of breweries visited with Winter Passport does not increase your chances of winning. Winners will be chosen at random.
For helpful information in planning your excursion along the Finger Lakes Beer Trail, check out our suggested day-trip itineraries, our recommended tour providers, and our comprehensive calendar of events.
Also, be sure to check out supporting partners’ websites for overnight accommodation packages and other special offers which may be available:
- Ithaca/Tompkins County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Cortland County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Greater Rochester Visitors Association, Inc.
- Steuben County Conference & Visitors Bureau
- Tioga County Tourism
- Greater Binghamton Convention & Visitors Bureau
Have fun and please remember to drive safe and use a designated driver!